Would you like to become a Spokane Lilac Festival Volunteer or Director?
The Spokane Lilac Festival is a volunteer based 501(c)(3) non-profit organization in Spokane, WA. Every year we depend on the support of our dedicated volunteers to bring Spokane the largest Armed Forces Torchlight Parade in the nation, as well as many events before, during and after Festival week. 2020 marks 82 years since the first Lilac Parade was held in Spokane in 1938.
If you are interested in working with one of our many special committees, that heavily rely on volunteers (float construction, royalty chaperoning and hosting), please click on the “Volunteer Application” link to the right. Be sure to click “Volunteer Brochure” link to the right to see which committee might be a good fit for you.
Did you know?
- While Royalty Chaperones wear the purple coat and crest, they are not allowed to be Directors with the Lilac Festival. The Chaperones are supervised by the Vice President of Royalty but exclusively serve the Royal Court. The duties of a Chaperone include traveling with the Royalty to regional festival parades, attending Royal events, and helping to maintain the royal wardrobe and calendar. Chaperones must be ladies who are organized, able to pass a background check, and are willing and able to drive the Royal Coach. In addition, all chaperones must be able to make the time commitment from September to August.
- Many members of the Parade Krewe, who have served for 20 years or more, are not Lilac Festival Directors. These individuals enjoy giving their time to the coordination and implementation of the Armed Forces Torchlight Parade, and have many specific skills, talents, and experience that are invaluable to the Festival.
- Float – The Festival annually maintains three floats; the current theme float, the previous year theme float and the “wedge” that can seat up to 14 individuals. Theme floats are alternately torn down and recreated every year by seasoned volunteers (Float Toads) who meet Wednesdays and Saturdays from January to May. The new float is always premiered the third Saturday in May.
- Hosting is always in need of volunteers to help at our many events. If you like big events, decorating, helping during an event, setup and take down, then this is the committee for you. Hosting meets monthly to coordinate events with each event’s chair and volunteers are greatly appreciated!
Dues are assessed annually on September 1 and must be paid no later than October 31, unless another option is specified.
Payment options are:
- 100% of dues package paid in full by October 31.
- 50% of dues package by October 31 and 50% by January 31.
- Pay in quarterly installments to be completed by March 1.
Singles Directors Dues Package: $230
- September Directors Dinner Meeting – $40 (non-refundable)
- Spokane Lilac Festival Gala Dinner – $90 (non-refundable)
- Dues – $100
Doubles Dues Package SPECIAL PRICE $360
This package is for one Director and one spouse/significant other. Includes Gala Dinner, and Installation/September Directors Meeting.
Please note: If BOTH spouses are Directors, both will pay for a Singles Package individually totaling $460.