2019 Royalty Court Selection
Our 2019 Royalty Informational meetings are complete. For candidates selected by their school, please see the updated all 2019 Candidate Forms (see link to the right). Candidate packets are due online and to the office by Thursday, December 20th, 2019.
If you have any questions, please contact your school’s coordinator or our office.
Royalty Court Selection Schedule
- Royalty Program/Potential Candidate Orientations – Early November (Now Complete)
- Monday, November 26th – School Participation Letter of Intent due to Lilac Office by 5pm (submitted by school coordinator)
- Thursday, December 20th – Candidate Applications (online & printed) due to Lilac Office by 5pm (see Candidate Forms for info requirements)
- January – Candidate Trianing
- February – Court Selection
- Thursday, February 28th – Family Night | West Valley HS
- Sunday, March 3rd – Coronation | West Valley HS
2018 Royalty Court
- Princess Sophie – Mt. Spokane HS
- Princess Hayden – Joel E. Ferris HS
- Princess Kennedy – Lewis & Clark HS
- Queen Halle – North Central HS
- Princess Marley – Freeman HS
- Princess Grace – Mead HS
- Princess Sam – Rogers HS
Photo by Hawkinson Photography
The Royalty Scholarship and Training Program provides an opportunity for outstanding young women to be recognized for their achievements. Every Spokane County high school is invited to present one senior girl for participation in the SLFA High School Lilac Princess Scholarship and Training Program. Selection of the high school student is decided upon individually at each school.
Each Lilac Princess candidate selected from her high school will participate in a five week royalty preparation course which supports character building and servant leadership with a strengthened focus on community service, integrity, and teamwork.
The candidates will attend workshops in communication, personal and professional etiquette, resume development, interview skills, military history and protocol and self-defense.
They will participate in community service activities such as Blessings under the Bridge, Salvation Army, Clothe A Child and Second Harvest Food Bank
The training will culminate with individual candidate interviews before a panel of judges who have the very difficult task of determining the 7 members of the Spokane Lilac Festival Royal Court. The Royal Court will continue training and preparation for coronation and the selection of the Spokane Lilac Festival Queen.