Since 1984, Presidents of the Spokane Lilac Festival Association have been selecting an annual theme and designing a custom pin based on that theme to commemorate the year’s festival celebrations. Over the past 40 years, theme pins have become an anticipated collectable item and an opportunity to show pride in the Lilac City.
Pins sales are the largest annual fundraiser of the SLFA and, from the beginning, the theme pin has been sold for a suggested donation of only $5 dollars. When a theme pin is purchased, that purchase is supporting the largest Armed Forces Torchlight Parade in the nation, held each year on the third Saturday in May in downtown Spokane.
Help keep this tradition alive, and show your support for Spokane when you sponsor a pin board for $50.
How it works:
- Order a pin board and pin pack online at www.spokanelilacfestival.org/merchandise.
- Once payment is received, a Festival Director will deliver a pin board and a set of 11 pins (one pin is for you!) to the location indicated on your order. The board is yours to display during festival month in May and throughout the year.
- The recommended donation cost for a theme pin is $5.
- If you run out of pins, order a new pin pack of 11 through the festival website.
- In September, our merchandising team will be in contact with you to collect your pin board. At that time, you may return your board or choose to keep it in preparation of pin sales the following spring.