2022 Parade Schedule
- Jr Lilac Parade: May 14th
- Spokane Lilac Festival Armed Forces Torchlight Parade: May 21st
- Rosalia Battle Days: June 4th
- Medical Lake RE*Imagine Founders Day: June 18th
- Cheney Rodeo Parade: July 9th
- Davenport Pioneer Days: July 16th
- Seattle Seattle SeaFair: July 30th
- Hillyard Hi Jinx: August 6th
We are looking forward to once again travel and enjoy our many community and regional Festivals. We hope to see you all this summer at one of the below community festivals and hopefully more as the year goes on!
Of course, with all things 2022, these dates, events and appearances are subject to change.
NORTHWEST FESTIVAL HOSTING GROUP
The Northwest Festivals Hosting Group was formed in 1981 at the suggestion of Wenatchee Applarian Vice Chancellor Larry Frack. He suggested that festival hosting groups should get together to discuss problems and share ideas.
The first meeting was held in Seattle at the Camlin Hotel and the main topics discussed were: (1) Packet prices; (2) recognition and acknowledgements; (3) housing; (4) transportation to and from events. The meeting was felt to be very helpful and it was decided from then on to continue meeting once a year.
The group has never been a dues-paying organization.
Festivals in the order they occur
The Spokane Lilac Festival is a proud member of the Northwest Festival Hosting Group with the following festivals. Click on the festival name to find out more about these outstanding organizations.
- Washington State Apple Blossom Festival – Wenatchee, WA
- Spokane Lilac Festival – Always the 3rd Saturday in May
- Hyack Festival – New Westminster, BC
- Rose Festival – Portland, OR
- Strawberry Festival – Marysville, WA
- Capital Lakefair – Olympia, WA
- Seattle Seafair – Seattle, WA
- Peach Festival – Penticton, BC
- Washington State Autumn Leaf Festival – Leavenworth, WA
2023 VP of Area Relations
The Area Relations committee’s sole purpose is to bring the portion of our mission statement of ‘Showcasing our Region’ to life!
Area Relations is responsible for the coordination of the Spokane Lilac Festival’s appearances at Community events. This involves maintaining accurate information and scheduling the Float, Directors and Royalty to attend Northwest Hosting Festival Hosting Group (NWFHG) events as well as local Community Festivals. The VP, in coordination with the President and Float Toads, will submit to the membership the recommended dates of area Festivals and NWFHG Festivals we will attend. The membership approves the appearances at a general membership meeting.
Area Relations is responsible for maintaining relationships with all NWFHG participants, encouraging and supporting other’s festivals. The VP handles all logistics needed to attend these Festivals and coordinate what Lilac members will attend.
The Pacific Northwest is one of the most beautiful and community driven areas in the US and we look forward every year to seeing as many of our neighbors as possible.